On-chain transactions remain efficient for larger sums and infrequent payments. However, for frequent, smaller payments, Bitcoin transaction fees can become prohibitive. We suggest utilizing the Lightning Network for near-instant transfers and significantly reduced transaction fees.
The perceived complexity of initiating Lightning shouldn't deter you. Numerous wallets support this feature. Here's a straightforward guide to help you get started.
How does it work
You can use a hosted Lightning wallet or connect to your own node. This allows you to seamlessly use the Bitcoin Lightning Network, without the need to open channels, be online, or operate and maintain a node.
Setup your Lightning wallet in less than 5 min
- Download a wallet that supports the Lightning network such as Bluewallet.
- Create a Lightning wallet. Once you have created your Lightning wallet, you will find the option “manage funds” inside your wallet. This is where you can refill the new wallet.
- Send an on-chain transaction. Choose your favorite refill option and send a transaction with the desired amount.
- Start using Lightning. Once you send your transaction, it will require 3 confirmations before your balance appears on your Lightning wallet. You will use this balance for instant and 0-fee transactions.
- Select BTC-LIGHTNING when you order at Cryptorefills. When creating an order select the currency in BTC and select the Lightning option on the available networks.
- Pay your order with 0 fees. After paying your order, we will deliver your product instantly with no blockchain confirmations!
Get instant delivery while enjoying low fees by paying with Lightning!